Posted April 27… Updated June 16… Worship begin June 6…
New guidelines for the state have been put into place on June 15, 2021. You can find all of the new guidelines summarized at www.rochesterfbc.org/covidguidelines-update which the FBCR Pandemic Task Force has gleaned from these guidelines. If you watched the video above, please note that health assessments are no longer required.
Dress casual and comfortable for Outdoor Worship services.
The FBCR Pandemic Task Force (PTF) has been working to remain up to date with the guidelines from the CDC and State of New York and to determine the best plan for our upcoming outdoor worship. We look forward to the exciting opportunity to gather in-person outside starting June 6th. The guidelines to note:
- Everyone will be asked to wear a mask to outdoor worship until seated. When seated, fully vaccinated worshipers may remove their masks. Those still awaiting their vaccination are asked to continue wearing a face covering.
- Family Groups (FG – extended families who have already been in social settings without masks) may sit in clusters. We ask that each FG maintain a six-foot distance from others.
- Worshippers can sit in folding chairs that will already be set up or bring their own lawn blanket or camp/lawn chair for use in the grass.
- During Children’s Time, leaders and children will be masked. Other speakers in the service must maintain a six-foot distance from others (vocalist, twelve-foot) in order to be unmasked.
- We will move back to our Zoom format on inclement weather days. Worship format decisions will be made each Saturday. All participants may sign up to receive automatic notifications to be sent to them by text, email, or phone (or any combination of the above). Any decisions NOT to proceed with on-campus worship will also be posted prominently on the Home and Online Worship pages of our website.
Our Welcome Home Sunday, utilizing the sanctuary, will be September 12. This very special celebratory day is our target date for resuming indoor worship. With the lessening guidelines, the PTF will also be considering the feasibility of sanctuary use for inclement weather days prior to that date and will keep you posted if we can logistically make it work.
Please keep checking back to the Diaspora Times for updates as they happen!
Sign up today (here or above) to receive outdoor worship inclement weather notifications or other changes.
We can all feel it. It’s time for the FBCR family to be together again in worship. Our Worship Committee, Pandemic Task Force, and various other volunteers are hard at work making that a reality. While the threat of increased transmission remains quite high in our area and around the world, the turning weather gives us an opportunity to take advantage of this virus’s primary weakness – the outdoors!
Experts are unified in the understanding that outdoor transmission rates of Covid-19 are quite low and with additional precautions and the rising rate of community vaccination, our Pandemic Task Force has a very high degree of confidence that worshipping outdoors is safe. So join us beginning June 6 and throughout the summer for worship on the beautiful FBCR campus!
Can’t make it to worship on campus or don’t yet feel safe? Join us on Zoom. We’ll still be in our digital worship space too. Just log in using the usual channels.
Our Worship Committee and other volunteers are at work tending to the details of this plan, so you’ll want to check back here regularly for details on the exact location, necessary precautions, and other details you’ll need.
If vaccination rates continue to rise and the current wave of transmission comes to an end as we anticipate they will, we will be able to celebrate a very special Welcome Home Sunday indeed. Assuming the aforementioned criteria, we will be back together again in the beautiful FBCR sanctuary on September 12. Watch for further information.