Who We Are
Your Title Goes Here
We are non-creedal.
We have congregational polity.
We are a Welcoming and Affirming Church.
Community is extremely important to us.
We take religious liberty seriously.
At First Rochester, we hope to have a positive impact on the world around us. We strive toward social justice, we share our building and our resources with worthy partners, and we volunteer and serve around Rochester in myriad ways. We recognize though, that while changing the world for the better is of critical importance to us, we can only do that together. That’s why community is the foundation of everything we do. We worship together, serve together, learn together, grow together, play together from time to time, and we take care of each other – but don’t take our word for it. Come and see.
Director of Operations
We Care for One Another
We show our kindness by the care we offer each other and our neighbors, through:
- Our Care Team which is a faithful group of people who look for ways to celebrate and offer care, with cards, phone calls, and visits.
- Community Time is a time following worship for conversation and connection with friends and guests along with a light snack.
- Birthday “community time” cake, community dinners, special activities and celebrations, and music programs.
- Pastoral Care is done with notes, calls, and visits from one of the pastors.
- Pastoral Counseling is by appointment. (Please phone the church office to arrange a time to meet with the pastor).
- Offering the use of our facility and staff for weddings, funerals, and other important life events.