Doing and Serving Together
Welcoming and Affirming
We are a fully inclusive, Welcoming and Affirming Church. That means we not only welcome LGBTQI+ persons into every phase and aspect of church life, but we affirm their identities as made in the image of God.
We wish such statements didn’t need to be made. We wish that full inclusion of all people and affirmation of people of all genders and sexualities were simply the norm and able to be taken for granted. Because they are not, we will continue to proclaim God’s love of all people with PRIDE!
Serving Our Neighbors
At First Rochester, caring for our neighbors includes sharing our facilities and having healthy working relationships with many self-help groups which meet regularly in our building. We welcome several Alcoholics Anonymous groups, Food Addicts, Overeaters Anonymous groups, Al Anon, and others.
Knowing that art plays a vital role in the well-being of an individual, we welcome the Weavers, Ikebana, Gardening, and Sewing Guilds, Dancers, and Recorders.
Contact us to see if we can serve you with our facility.
Through our National Affiliation with American Baptist Church-USA (ABC-USA) we have four 100% pass-through offerings which we contribute to.
- Retired Ministers and Missionaries in January.
- American for Christ in March or early April.
- One Great Hour of Sharing in June and anytime there is a disaster.
- World Mission in late September or early October.
Over the past year First Rochester chose to contribute to these local special offerings.
- Cameron Community Ministries – Cleaning Supplies, Toiletries, and Paper Goods in April and our Giving Tree gifts at Christmas.
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace – Bedding and volunteer time in September.
- Royalties for Spirituals – Anytime thoughtout the year that we sing a spiritual in Worship we invite the congregation to donate to the Wm. Warfield Scholarship Fund through the Eastman School of Music.